If you want to grow your business in 2020 and keep your New Year’s Business Resolutions, you’re going to have to figure out a way to develop new habits and practices. Many people want the end result of a habit, but don’t want to do the work to create a new habit. Whether it’s exercising, getting more sleep, saving money or another good habit you want to learn, you want the benefit of the new habit – a healthier body, less mentally exhausted, more money in the bank.
But wanting the benefit of a new habit does not always equate to a willingness to put in the work to learn a new habit. The question is,
How bad do you want it?
21/90 Rule for New Habits
There are many tricks and #lifehacks to build a new habit. A popular strategy to develop new habits is called the 21/90 rule. Commit to a personal or professional goal for 21 straight days. After three weeks, the pursuit of that goal should have become a habit. Once you’ve established that habit, you continue to do it for another ninety days. By then, enough time should have passed that your new rule has become a habit.
Here are 7 new habits small business owners, sales pros and entrepreneurs can develop that will help them keep their New Year’s Resolutions and #GetSh*tDone in 2020.
1. Set A Mantra: Seven Mottos For An Effective Leadership Mindset
2. Install and Use a Productivity App: The Ultimate Productivity Stack for 2020
3. Focus: Take control of your procrastination
4. Take Control of Your Budget: 5 Budgeting Tips For Small Businesses In 2020
5. Provide 5-star customer service: 4 New Year’s Resolutions Your Business Should Make
6. Learn to Delegate: 10 Business New Year’s Resolutions for 2020
7. Write It Down: “A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” ~ Greg Reid
Do you want to get things done in 2020? Do you want to achieve your business goals? There are no fast and easy secrets – but there are key actions you can take to help grow your business and achieve your business New Year’s resolutions. Strategically choosing and developing good business habits is key to your business success.