People do business with people. And people trust the recommendations of their friends and families. When people search online for a product or service, they typically look at customer ratings and reviews. Online review tools encourage your customers to share their experiences with your business by posting an online review.
What Is Customer Experience Marketing?
Today’s consumers want experiences: they want to build a relationship with a brand. Gear your marketing toward your customer’s experience (CX) by instead of selling, creating personal experiences for your customers that they will want to repeat and share.
There are many benefits to online customer reviews:
- enhance online visibility and rank
- amplify online ad visibility
- build trust
- improve conversions
- increase sales
Positive customer reviews can help you market and grow your small business – and negative reviews can help you identify problems and make changes to improve your business!
- 6 out of 10 customers look on Google My Business for reviews on a local business.
- 88% of people read reviews to determine the quality of a local business.
- 72% of consumers say positive reviews make them trust a local business.
- Prospective customers will read an average of 10 online reviews before they feel they can trust a local business
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 89% of prospective customers read the business owner’s response to online reviews.
- Reliability (27%), expertise (21%) & professionalism (18%) are the most important reputation traits for a local business.
- A customer is likely to spend 31% more on a business with “excellent” reviews.
- 56% of customers complain about poor follow-up.
- 13% of cusomters will tell that experience with 15 or even more people and share that they are unhappy. On the other hand, 72% of customers will share a positive experience with 6 or more people.
Getting customer feedback and reviews that you can post on your website and share on social media can be tricky and time-consuming. Luckily there are many online customer review tools that make it easy and relatively inexpensive for small businesses to get customer feedback and reviews.
80% of consumers expect a response within 24 hours of their online post.
Do you want more online reviews to help grow your business? Here are some of the top online customer review tools used by small business owners and entrepreneurs.
5 Customer Online Review Tools
Broadly has 1-click technology so your customers can easily write feedback on Google, Facebook, and business websites. SEO-optimized review streams enable small businesses to post their online reviews directly to their business website using Broadly’s patent-pending code.
All 4 and 5-star reviews from Google and Facebook are automatically published on the website.
Reputology lets you manage and monitor your Facebook and Google online reviews and local search directories and can help businesses that have more than one location manage their reviews in one central location.
They help you improve your online reputation, make the customer experience better, and ultimately increase both the top line and bottom line.
Trustpilot users can upload their mailing lists and send an email inviting their customers to review them after they make a purchase. Reviews are uploaded to search engines like Google, which updates your Google Seller Rating – therefore improving visibility in both search engines and online ads.
PowerReviews provides authentic review collection and display and includes images or video review features. Their Review Your Purchases tool helps consumers submit multiple reviews within a single review form, improving collection rates by 300%.
GetMoreReviews is an online review & reputation management tool that helps small service-providing businesses improve their online reputation & attract new customers.
Their most popular feature allows the user to manage 1-star reviews offline, so they don’t appear as 1-star reviews online.
Tip: Respond to all online customer reviews, even negative ones!
Requesting and receiving customer reviews is important to get new business, but don’t focus only on positive customer reviews. Negative reviews are important to monitor your online reputation and fix important issues that impact your customer’s experience – particularly problems you didn’t even know existed!